Dear EcoInvent team and others,
I am doing an assessment to determine the material inventory of a LCI. But I have some questions on how to allocate companion fractions of the metals obtained “From the environment” of an LCI. Some materials from the LCI:
1. ‘Cadmium, 0.30% in sulfide, Cd 0.18%, Pb, Zn, Ag, In, in ground’: 0.000113 kg
2. ‘Ni, Ni 2.3E+0%, Pt 2.5E-4%, Pd 7.3E-4%, Rh 2.0E-5%, Cu 3.2E+0% in ore, in ground’ 0.000894 kg
3. ‘Tellurium, 0.5ppm in sulfide, Te 0.2ppm, Cu and Ag, in crude ore, in ground’ 7.877E-12kg
4. ‘Iron, 46% in ore, 25% in crude ore, in ground’ 0.053274kg
1. In the first flow (Cadmium): is the amount of Cadmium 0.000113 kg? or 0.18%*0.000113 kg? And how to calculate the amount of Pb, Zn, Ag (looks like this is impossible as there is no documentation on these metals? Or have these metals the value of 0.18% as well?)
2. In the second flow (Ni): is the amount of Nickel 0.000894 kg? Or 2.3%*0.000894 kg? In the second case, the amount of Pt should be 2.5E-4%*0.000894 kg, if I understand it right.
3. In the third flow (Tellerium): Is the amount of Tellerium 7.877E-12kg, or is it 7.877E-12kg * 2E-5%?
4. In the fourth flow (Iron): Is the amount of Iron 0.053274 kg? Or must it be allocated as well?
In other words, is the amount in kg given the amount of the substance itself or should it be allocated with the mentioned percentage in their name? Or does it depend? I cannot find any documentation on this issue.
Thank you so much for you time and kind help in advance!